Assignment 1: Week 1

I would like to show my appreciation to my instructor, Mr. Jeffrey Patrick, who has dedicated his time and efforts in teaching and guiding us throughout this semester. Thank you, Sir.

Digital Imaging is an elective subject which aims to equip us with the necessary skills and techniques in using Photoshop. Following are the images that I have edited/done using Adobe Photoshop CS6, backed with some brief descriptions of the techniques used.

Hearst Mansion
In the first week of the class, we learned how to crop a portion of a photo to be pasted on another photo, and to make it looks more actual. If you need a photo of you being somewhere you have not been before, this is the basics that you'll have to learn. Of course, you can do so much more with these skills.

The original photos:
Photo 1: Hearst Mansion
Photo 2: My friend and I
Procedures:

1. Select the area needed (myself) in Photo 2 using Marquee Tool.
2. Cut and paste the selected area on Photo 1.
3. Resize the image pasted using Free Transform Tool. Hold on the Shift key to scale the image proportionally. Adjust the image to your desirable position in Photo 1.
4. Erase the unwanted area of the image using Brush Tool after adding Masking to the layer.
5. Duplicate the layer twice, transform and resize them to become a shadow and a reflection respectively.
6. Darken the images by adjusting the brightness/contrast.
7. Blend the colour using Match Colour.

WOOLAAA!

The end product:
I've been to the Hearst Mansion already! :P


God bless,
Laryssa

No comments: